Friday, August 14, 2009

Brains.


WHAT HO, GOOD CHAP. FANCY A SPOT OF BRAINS?

...I MEAN TEA.


Bear with me for a minute while I wax poetic on computer games for a minute. I have decided that one viable goal of mine is to work for PopCap Games. I like their style. They are silly and snarky bastards who I am sure that I would get along with. What mostly won me over to their court was their brilliant counter-ad campaign parodying those God-awful Evony banner ads. You know, the ones that started out as scantily clad women asking you to "Play Now, My Lord" but have now just devolved into a giant pair of breasts? PopCap started advertising their game "Plants Vs. Zombies" with a near-identical set of ads replete with zombie breasts asking you "Brains Now, My Lord?" It doesn't get much better than that.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pride_and_Prejudice_and_Zombies

yes indeedy!

Nekkid Ape said...

I have not seen this counter-ad campaign, but I HAVE seen the preview for a new RomZomCom called Zombieland and I am intrigued. Also, Ricky, I would buy a PopCap game designed by Jeremy and illustrated by you without a moments hesitation