Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Like the great philosopher Calvin said...

..."there's never enough time to do all the nothing you want".

I shall relish my upcoming 5-day weekend so, so much. I say every week should be a three-day work week. Three days of work, two days of weekend, repeat. I'd love it. Let's get some legislation going on to see that plan through. 

Alternatively, I suppose we could just extend the weekend like they did in "Doug" by slowing down the rotation of the Earth and making "Funday" a new day of the week.

1 comment:

Mike said...

That episode always bothered me. I kept wondering what repercussions such meddling with the nature cycles of physics would incur. Twenty years later, Quailman wakes to find himself in the body of an octogenarian. Squinting feebly at his withered, spotted fingers, he realizes, far too late, what he has done. "Quaildog?" he calls in a raspy, thick voice. Silence surrounds him. Of course...changing the flow of time...by Planet Bob, why didn't I think...

"Quaildog..." he whimpers, sinking to his arthritic knees. "Quaildog...I'm so sorry."


The real tragedy, of course, is the fact that I did not need to research any facts to refresh my memory.